Should Grand Rapids allow those of age to consume alcohol in public on Ionia Street? From what I've heard, there is talk of putting such a measure on the ballot in the near future. What are the costs and benefits of doing so? Join Dr. Hebert and some Aquinas College students for an intoxicating approach to thinking about this question!
Links for reading:
- One for the road?
- Should Open Containers be Allowed on Downtown Grand Rapids Streets?
- Current Open Container Laws in Michigan
- Wikipedia List of Places with Open Container Laws
- The War on Public Drinking
- Opening the Door to Debate
- The Benefits and Pitfalls of Strengthening Virginia's Open-Container Laws (Library of Congress Link)